Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dental Appointment in Africa

I spent several days in Nouakchott prior to a scheduled mid-service medical exam and dental cleaning, enjoying a few last minutes of vacation. Most of the time was spent in my air conditioned hotel room watching various old movies and reruns of NCIS on mbc action and fox movie – the two channels in English – in addition to several showers a day in my personal bathroom with thick, comfortable bath towels.
My dentist appointment was scheduled for 11am on a Sunday and by 1117am I was handed a clean bill of health and trying to find a taxi back to the PC bureau. The dentist was from Jerusalem and spoke perfect English (thankfully because I am not optimistic about my dental vocabulary in French) and did both the cleaning and polishing after the typical dentist poke as he checked for cavities and other problems. He was very impressed and complimentary with my dental work from America (Thanks Dr. Gilrain) and was the quickest full service dental exam in my life although I am not as confident in his assessment as with my dental practice in America. Nonetheless I left the office feeling minty fresh and blindingly polished with a brand new set of flamingo pink toothbrush, floss and tongue scraper to keep me entertained in Olo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tongue scraper? please use with discretion.

CLR said...

seriously, world's fastest dentist appt! glad your pearly whites are healthy :)